A memorial should be a lasting tribute perpetuating a life. It therefore needs to be well made and securely erected. Often it is difficult for a person buying a memorial to assess the quality and workmanship that should be expected. So, to avoid unnecessary future expense, regret or even distress, it is advisable to choose a memorial mason who is required to work to certain specified standards.
Eight Reasons For Buying A Memorial from a Member
of the National Association of Memorial Masons
Choosing a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MEMORIAL MASONS offers the following safeguards:-
- All members must carry out memorial work to the standards laid down in an approved Code of Working Practice.
- All members are skilled memorial masons with a full understanding of their craft and therefore capable of providing a proper aftercare service.
- All members must be well-established businesses with a proven track record.
- All members must adhere to a strict Code of Ethics.
- All members are required to have Public Liability insurance cover.
- All members are encouraged to take part in training schemes, seminars and craft competitions organised by the Association to promote high standards of craftsmanship.
- All members are able to offer memorial insurance through schemes approved by the Association, these cover All Risks, including vandalism.
- Finally, in the event of any problem arising, the National Association of Memorial Masons Offers an independent arbitration service.
Founder Member of the International Monument Federation
Member of the Council of British Funeral Services
Member of Euro-roc
Associate Corporate Member of the Institute of Cemetery & Crematorium Management (Inc.)